Stop by the front desk at the DEN before June 24th to confirm you are going and pay the $25 fee.
- Sunday, July 1st, AAU Regionals
- Wednesday, July 4th, Independence Day
- Thursday, July 12th, Grand Haven Beach Vault
- Sunday, July 15th, Grand Haven Beach Vault
- Sunday, July 29th, AAU Junior Olympics
- Thursday, June 28th at 6:30 pm for the June 29th vault and AAU Regionals
- Wednesday, July 11th at 6:30 pm for Grand Haven Beach Vault
- Thursday, July 19th at 6:30 pm for the July 20th vault
- Thursday, July 26th 6:30 pm for AAU Junior Olympics
The Den now offers Pole Vault, High Jump, Shot Put, Discus, Long and Triple Jump
Check the Calendar for updates!
The Den is located at 2551 West College Avenue
Scroll down for more information
Zach Bradford 2018 USATF U20 Outdoor Championship 18 feet 2.5 inches!
For over 20 years the Flying Dragons Pole Vault Club has been instructing central Illinois vaulters. The club advocates a team environment. Proper techniques and safety are taught at all levels. Athletes are able to compete in local, regional, and national Track and Field events. Beginner to advanced participants, parents, and coaches are welcome.
ALL FLYING DRAGONS MEMBERS: AAU and/or USATF Registration Required
EACH VAULTER MUST HAVE A USATF NUMBER OR AAU NUMBER PRIOR TO PRACTICING.
- AAU Registration: Memberships are annual and expire on August 31, 2018. www.aauathletics.org Use Club code: WYY48B
- USATF Registration: Memberships are annual and expire on December 31, 2018. www.usatf.org Use Club code: 21-0446
$20 Annual Fee: All members need to fill out the Flying Dragon Registration form and submit the $20.00 annual fee. The form can be downloaded here or in the membership section and are available at the Den.
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs. 5:00 – 8:00 PM
Sunday 12:00 – 4:00 PM
We have six coaches with a combined 65+ years of experience in pole vault and gymnastics coaching.
Dragons in College
Since becoming an official pole vault club in 2001, we’ve helped over 120 athletes pursue pole vaulting at the collegiate level with over $8.4 million in collegiate scholarships.
June 29th, Warm up at 4, Vault starts a 5 pm
$5 per vaulter, spectators free
See Facebook for more details
June 30/July 1st – Indianapolis, IN
July 13 & 14, 2018
July 30 – August 4th – Drake University, Des Moines, IA
Poles! BRING BACK YOUR POLES. Check poles out and in within 24 hours.
We are a non-profit organization but we have a big rent expense each month. Please pay your dues in a timely manner–approximately 1 week before the month begins. Dues of $200/month must be paid in order to pay our rent!
HELP KEEP THE DEN CLEAN!
We do not have a janitor and must keep our den in good condition. Please dispose of water bottles etc. in the trash, keep track of your belongings, and put equipment away. If you are not sure how to help – just ask! We all need to pitch in and help keep the den in good order.
Flying Dragons Video Highlighted at Vaulter Magazine!
Get in Touch!