Upcoming Schedule Changes and Event
The Den schedule will be as follows:
- CLOSED: Thursday, December 23rd
- CLOSED: Sunday, December 26th
- OPEN: Monday December 27th
- OPEN: Tuesday, December 28th – Pole Packing for Texas will be @5:30 pm
- CLOSED: Sunday, January 2nd
- OPEN: Monday, January 3rd
Dorothy Dawson Invite
Track & Field Center at Gately Park
10201 S. Cottage Grove Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60628
- Saturday, January 8th
- If you are attending, let Mike know
- You must register yourself:
- Entries via On-Line (www.athletic.net) deadline is Wednesday, January 5th, at 11:59 p.m. C.S.T. The entry fees must be paid at the registration site prior to the deadline. DAY OF MEET ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations to Windsor Roberts for setting a new
Flying Dragons Girls Vaulting record of 13 feet 5-3/4 inches!
Keep your eye on email, Facebook, and the website. Our open times are subject to change based on meets, schedule changes, etc. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- Pole Vault is our focus at the Den
- Click MEMBERSHIP PAGE to fill out the registration & waiver forms. Everyone must fill these out & pay the annual registration fee.
- Reminder, there is no Flying Dragons Pole Vault Club from January 15th to June 1st.
This is what we do!
The Flying Dragons Field Event Training Center is open from October 15th to August 1st.
The Flying Dragons Pole Vault Club dates are October 15th to January 15th and June 1st to August 1st.
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs. 5:00 – 7:00 PM
Sunday 12:00 – 4:00 PM
We have seven coaches with a combined 65+ years of experience in pole vault, gymnastics coaching, and sprint training.
Dragons in College
Since becoming an official pole vault club in 2001, we’ve helped over 120 athletes pursue pole vaulting at the collegiate level with over $8.4 million in collegiate scholarships.
ALL FLYING DRAGONS MEMBERS: AAU and/or USATF Registration Required
EACH VAULTER MUST HAVE A USATF NUMBER OR AAU NUMBER PRIOR TO PRACTICING.
- AAU Registration: Memberships are annual and expire on August 31 each year. www.aauathletics.org
- USATF Registration: Memberships are annual and expire on December 31 each year. www.usatf.org
$20 Annual Fee: All members need to fill out the Flying Dragon Registration form and Waiver, along with the $20.00 annual fee. (Only one annual fee per family.) The form can be downloaded here or in the membership section and are available at the Den.
Zach Bradford 2018 USATF U20 Outdoor Championship 18 feet 2.5 inches!
Facebook Page Name: Flying Dragons Field Event Training Center
Click here for CALENDAR
Poles! BRING BACK YOUR POLES. Check poles out and in within 24 hours.
We are a non-profit organization but we have a big rent expense each month. Please pay your dues in a timely manner–approximately 1 week before the month begins. Dues of $200/month must be paid in order to pay our rent!
HELP KEEP THE DEN CLEAN!
We do not have a janitor and must keep our den in good condition. Please dispose of water bottles etc. in the trash, keep track of your belongings, and put equipment away. If you are not sure how to help – just ask! We all need to pitch in and help keep the den in good order.
Get in Touch!