Come fly with the Flying Dragons! The season has begun!
- Click MEMBERSHIP PAGE to fill out the registration and waiver forms. Everyone must fill these out and pay the annual registration fee.
- Click Flying Dragons Training Plan to access the weekly training plan. Updated every Sunday.
- Now offering: Coats Performance Small Group Speed School – Limited Spots! Sign up today!
- Check the Calendar for updates!
- November 23 & 24: CAMP! Click the title for details and to register.
Flying Dragons Field Event Training Center welcomes Kendrique Coats of Coats Performance to our coaching staff! Kendrique brings his expertise in speed development training to the Den. He will be providing Sprint training and Long/Triple Jump coaching.
Watch Facebook, website, and email for announcements!
Keep your eye on the calendar, email, Facebook, and the website. Our open times are subject to change based on meets, schedule changes, etc. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The Den now offers Pole Vault, High Jump, Shot Put, Discus, Long and Triple Jump
Check the Calendar for updates!
The Den is located at 2551 West College Avenue
Scroll down for more information
Zach Bradford 2018 USATF U20 Outdoor Championship 18 feet 2.5 inches!
For over 20 years the Flying Dragons Pole Vault Club has been instructing central Illinois vaulters. The club advocates a team environment. Proper techniques and safety are taught at all levels. Athletes are able to compete in local, regional, and national Track and Field events. Beginner to advanced participants, parents, and coaches are welcome.
ALL FLYING DRAGONS MEMBERS: AAU and/or USATF Registration Required
EACH VAULTER MUST HAVE A USATF NUMBER OR AAU NUMBER PRIOR TO PRACTICING.
- AAU Registration: Memberships are annual and expire on August 31, 2018. www.aauathletics.org Use Club code effective August 31, 2019: WYAA3E (If you have a multi-year membership, update the club code in your account.
- USATF Registration: Memberships are annual and expire on December 31, 2018. www.usatf.org Use Club code: 21-0446
$20 Annual Fee: All members need to fill out the Flying Dragon Registration form and Waiver, along with the $20.00 annual fee. (Only one annual fee per family.) The form scan be downloaded here or in the membership section and are available at the Den.
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs. 5:00 – 7:00 PM
Sunday 12:00 – 4:00 PM
We have six coaches with a combined 65+ years of experience in pole vault and gymnastics coaching.
Dragons in College
Since becoming an official pole vault club in 2001, we’ve helped over 120 athletes pursue pole vaulting at the collegiate level with over $8.4 million in collegiate scholarships.
Click title for details
November 23 & 24: CAMP! Reaching New Heights – Sky Jumpers Pole Vault Clinic
Poles! BRING BACK YOUR POLES. Check poles out and in within 24 hours.
We are a non-profit organization but we have a big rent expense each month. Please pay your dues in a timely manner–approximately 1 week before the month begins. Dues of $200/month must be paid in order to pay our rent!
HELP KEEP THE DEN CLEAN!
We do not have a janitor and must keep our den in good condition. Please dispose of water bottles etc. in the trash, keep track of your belongings, and put equipment away. If you are not sure how to help – just ask! We all need to pitch in and help keep the den in good order.
Flying Dragons Video Highlighted at Vaulter Magazine!
Get in Touch!